Oct 21 2021 Productivity God’s Way
Let me tell you something. It’s never too late to become a man or a woman of the Word. There are so many benefits of the Bible:
- it imparts spiritual life,
- causes spiritual growth,
- leads to growing up or maturity,
- provides guidance,
- provides stability,
- and enables purity.
Let me give you a thought: You can be busy and seemingly productive but doing all the wrong things.
Another benefit the Bible brings is productivity. In 2 Timothy 3:16 it says that all Scripture, all the Bible everywhere from beginning to end — Genesis through Revelation, all Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness or right-living. So let me just take each one of those four things very briefly and tell you what those mean and bring them down to earth.
- The word of God is beneficial for teaching us what God wants. If you’re a follower of the Lord, you need to know what he wants. We’re here to please him, not to please ourselves or others.
- It’s also beneficial for reproof. What’s reproof? It’s to tell you what God does not want. So first, he wants to teach us what he wants through the Word of God. And secondly, what he doesn’t want.
- It’s also beneficial for correction. Correction is telling you and me how to make right what is wrong… in your life, in your approach, in your relationships, etc.
- And then finally, it’s beneficial for training in righteousness. That means to help you and myself grow from weakness to strength in right living in all the areas of life.
Why is the Word beneficial? Why does it bring all these valuable benefits? In 2 Timothy 3:17, it says so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Most people I know, where I live, are primarily focused on three things: position, power and money. They think that position, power, and money will fulfill them, but they end up being discontent because the position and the power and the money do not make them content. They’re not fulfilled. So what do they have to do? Get more position, more power and make another deal and get more money. And then what happens? They eventually experience discontentment and have to start the process all over again. I know many men where that’s their routine and cycle, that they’ve done all their lives.
We need to be doing God’s work in God’s way.
A lot of us aren’t doing God’s work and doing it in God’s way. Remember, 2 Timothy 3:17 says, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. It doesn’t mean a man of means, a man of position, a man of power, a man of money, a man of prominence. It doesn’t mean any of that. It means a man of God.
The Bible helps us to become a man or a woman of God.
The only thing that’s going to fulfill you and me in this life and prepare us for the next is the Word of God. So if you have contact with HIM, then you’re going to begin to see yourself by HIS grace and through HIS Word. And through the Holy spirit, you’re going to be changed and become a different person. You’re actually going to be what it says in Romans 8:29, we will be conformed to the very image of Jesus Christ.
Friends, it doesn’t get any better than that. You think about that!