May 01 2023 Chapter 13 Questions
Posted at 8:53 pm in 4P Podcast Questions
Questions for Further Study:
Let’s recap! Depression vs. Joy
- Why is there depression in this world? Because we live in a fallen world as a result of what happened in Genesis 3:
- We’re cut off from God
- We’re cut off from ourselves
- We’re cut off from other people
- Everything in creation is thrown off-kilter
- If you have asked Jesus into your life, remember that He loves and accepts you just as you are. In this life as a follower of Jesus Christ, you can experience significant wholeness, but not complete wholeness – not until you go home to be with the Lord (Phil. 1:6). It’s possible to be a follower of Jesus and experience times of depression, but don’t allow yourself to stay stuck there (Hebrews 4:14-16).
- Remember to laugh. Have fun. Ask the Lord to restore your joy. And if you are experiencing signs of clinical depression, don’t be afraid to seek professional help.
See ya next time!