Part-Time Position: Administrative Assistant
Begins: May 1, 2021
Hours: 20 hours/week (in-office)
Location: Dallas (Park Cities)
This part-time position (20+ hours/week) will provide administrative support for The Tolson Group: a small, local ministry whose primary focus is helping men become maturing, reproducing disciples.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, displaying strong written and verbal communication skills and a “can-do” attitude. This person must be flexible with their duties, self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize projects, have strong internal motivation to complete tasks, and good problem-solving skills.
Typical Administrative Projects:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the office
- Prepare and edit correspondence, newsletters, and presentations consistent with the Ministry’s message and branding
- Check the mail and make bank deposits
- Mail book orders and purchase office supplies
- Create invoices for vendors and book orders
- Create and manage expense reports
- Manage email database, donor information and email/written communications
- Manage QuickBooks for donations, product and event purchases, and bank deposits (training will be provided, experience preferred)
- Coordinate and manage local off-site lunch events for “The Gathering of Men” (12 per year)
- Coordinate holiday mailings
- High school diploma or GED required; BS/BA preferred.
- Previous administrative support experience required.
- Non-remote; Must be able to work in-office (Park Cities area, parking provided)
- Excellent written communication skills; including content organization, message flow, grammar, proofreading, editing, and spelling; and a commitment to quality
- Excellent oral/speaking/interpersonal skills
- Operates under quick deadlines; ability and willingness to shift direction quickly – as ministry needs change
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Apple/Mac products
Looking for the job description for the Social Media Content Producer? Click here!
For more information or to schedule an interview, please send your resume to email@example.com. Thank you!